- Learners are required to have 100% attendance for all theory classes, practical sessions and assessments. Classes will begin promptly at the published times regardless of whether all learners are present. Tutors are not responsible for repeating missed work. Class hours may be varied at a-training’s discretion, without prior notice.
- Deposits are non-refundable and will contribute towards the course fee. Deposits of 50% will secure a position on any course. The full course fees (except for deposit or instalment plans) are expected to be paid at time of booking. Instalment plans will incur additional costs. Course fees are subject to change without prior notice.
- Failure to attend a course for any reason will not automatically entitle the learner to access the course at a later date. 50% of the course fee will be recharged for further booking of that course. In the event of the course being cancelled by a-training, learners will be given alternative course dates, subject to availability. There will be an additional £100 charge to move a date, with at least 3 weeks’ notice required.
- Learners are required to wear uniforms throughout the courses. Hair is to be kept neat and tied up during any practical work. Casual shoes only please – NO BOOTS or Kitten heels/high heels.
- Employer’s guarantee – any learner who is employed by any other organisation will not be solicited for the purposes of employment whilst that learner is attending any course.
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years of age.
- Withdrawal from courses at any stage throughout a programme will incur the full cost of the course being charged, in addition to any Qualifi or VTCT registration fees.
- Advanced Courses cannot be attended until the Basic Courses have been attended first.
- All payments for courses can be paid by BACS or by debit cards. Any payments by a credit card will incur a 2% additional fee.
- a-training Cosmetic Training reserves the right to alter prices at any time which will supersede any prices displayed on brochures, flyers or websites. Prices are inclusive of VAT (registered 989 0200 04). a-training Cosmetic Training reserves the right to increase prices should the VAT rate change.
Bookings and Payments
- Once you have made your booking through a-training your details are then forwarded to the registration team.
- Once booked if you have any questions about the course you have booked please make sure you contact us.
- Please be aware that all our course material is copyrighted to a-training, and students are not authorised to teach any a-training courses.
- However, if you wish to set up on your own training school, due to the strict copyright we have on all our material, no paragraph, photograph from our web site or manuals or any written material given out may be copied, reproduced or transmitted without the written permission of the authors or in accordance with the provisions of copyright. Designs and Patents Act 1988.
- Any person breaching copyright may be liable to criminal prosecution and a claim for civil damages. By booking your place at a-training you agree to the Terms & Conditions above.
Booking Conditions Cancellation Policy
- All deposits are strictly non-refundable & non-transferable, unless enough cancellation notice has been given by the student or company/salon booking in writing.
- We deal with the bookings in the same way as a booking agent for our courses and we adhere to and comply with the Distance Selling Regulations 2014, which states that any cancellations must be made in writing within 14 days from the date the course was booked (not the date of the course) i.e. if you booked with us on 10th May for a course starting in August, we would have to be notified by the 24th May if you then wished to cancel.
- The 14 days cooling off period required under the Distant Selling Regulations states that if you fail to inform us within 14 days of the date of your booking all deposits are strictly non-refundable & non-transferable. Please note all cancellations must be made in writing to a-training by email or by post to the a-training
- We are unable to accept a cancellation notification via Pay Pal, Worldpay or any other third-party payment system you may have used when booking. It is not their responsibility to let us know of any cancellations.
- Please note that by paying for our course it is your responsibility to ensure you have read our terms and conditions – either online or requested an emailed copy – before purchasing a course. When you book or pay your deposit over the phone, you are fully accepting the T&C’s for both your deposit paid to a-training and your instalments.
- In the unlikely event that the course date you have chosen is cancelled by the tutor you will be offered an alternative date.
- Please note a-training cannot be held responsible for any transport issues or cancellations, weather problems, unexpected work commitments, unavailability of a child minder or sudden illness that makes it impossible to attend a course.
- It is the right of the clinical director to ask any student that is disruptive to leave the class at any time during their training if they feel they are having a negative influence on the other students, in fairness to them. In the very slim likelihood, it would be necessary to carry this out, no refunds of the disruptive student’s deposit or balance would be given. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to read the terms and conditions as set-out on our training website before you purchase. A copy can be emailed to you on request before you purchase/book.
- It is rare that a course date is cancelled by us, and there are usually more dates available.
- Please note we cannot be held responsible for any travel plans made by students when a course is cancelled by our clinical director. If you have bought train tickets or taken time off work etc we cannot be held liable for any refunds of travel tickets or monies lost for time taken off work or money paid to child minders etc.
- We are unable to reimburse any students for any outlays lost when a course is cancelled. To transfer to a new date this must be taken within 6 months of the cancelled date. The new date MUST be taken within 6 months of the original course date.
- If you arrive more than 30 minutes late without prior notice you may not be permitted to join the class and your course fee, including the deposit, could be lost.
- At a-training we are very clear as to the qualifications required and it is the responsibility of the student to ensure they have the right qualifications before they book onto an advanced course.
Contraindications to training with a-training
- When you sign up for a course and agree to our Terms & Conditions in full you agree to adhere to the request below about letting us know about any health issues you may have.
- By booking with us you agree to confirm by email to the clinical director if you are under treatment from your GP or other practitioners for any of the following:
- Pregnancy – Are you within the first three months? Cancer, HIV and AIDS, epilepsy, HBP or heart conditions, infectious skin disorders like chicken pox, contagious illness, diabetes (if skin is very thin bruising may occur), paralysis or loss of sensation, or recent surgery on neck or face.
- You may need a letter from your GP stating that it is safe/appropriate for you to give treatments on the course. Care should also be taken if you are suffering from the following during the day of the course. Again, this may affect your participation:
Local psoriasis or eczema, open sores or infections to the skin or ears, cold sores, high temperature or fever, being drunk or under the influence of other drugs, suffering from local pain such as toothache, sunburn, hypersensitivity or broken skin, acute inflammation or swelling, severe acne or conjunctivitis.
- Please confirm that you are in good physical condition and fully able to participate in the course and have not been advised against participating by a qualified medical professional and that you certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude your participation on the training course.
- PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT HELP WITH VISA APPLICATIONS; THIS IS NOT SOMETHING WE CAN ARRANGE FOR ANY STUDENTS AS THIS IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE STUDENT IF COMING FROM OVERSEAS TO TRAIN WITH US. We reserve the right to update our website at any time (including the prices of our courses which are subject to change) and our Terms & Conditions are subject to change. Any complaints or concerns are to be addressed to: email@example.com
- If for any reason you must cancel your place on the course, please provide your clinical director with at least 28 days’ written notice.
- If you wish to cancel your place and provide at least 28 days’ written notice, 50% of the remaining course fee (minus the deposit) will be refunded.
- Course fees for cancellations within 28 days of the course date will not be refunded or transferred.
- If you do not turn up on the day or you cancel your attendance on the course day and/or have given no written notice that you will not be attending the course, then the full course fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If you still have to pay your final balance, agreed by prior arrangement, and then do not arrive for the course, you will still be held liable for payment of the full/ remaining course payment.
- The clinical director cannot accept responsibility for changes to students’ work commitments, illness or personal circumstances within this 28-day period and will not transfer or refund fees.
If you have any questions before you attend the course we suggest you email or phone to ask first before booking with us, so you are happy with your choice, and so we feel we have covered everything you need to know. If you have any concerns, we are here to answer them before you join a course.
I agree to and fully understand the terms and conditions as written on this document.